Chill Los Angeles Program Coordinator (seasonal)
Are you a positive youth development superstar with a passion for board sports? Do you embody Chill’s six programmatic themes –respect, patience, persistence, responsibility, courage, pride - each and every day? Can you effectively communicate your passion for Chill to donors, partners, media outlets, and other internal and external stakeholders? Do you have telecommuting experience? If you answered yes to all of the above then we want to talk to you about being the next Chill LA Program Coordinator.
The Chill LA Program Coordinator works part time, 20 hours/week, in Chill’s Los Angeles, CA program site and reports to Chill’s Regional Program Manager in Toronto, ON. The Program Coordinator is responsible for running all day-to-day operations of a remote seasonal program site, including surf and skate programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of program management including agency recruitment, agency vetting and application process, volunteer recruitment and onboarding, and managing partner (mtn. resort, skate park, etc.) relationships
- Communicate effectively with youth agencies, volunteers, chaperones and partners
- Deliver programming that is consistent with Chill’s curriculum, engaging volunteers and chaperones, and exceeding the standards set in the Chill Quality Assessment (CQA)
- Administer all program performance, agency performance, and program participant Outcomes Based Evaluation (OBE) processes
- Organize and maintain all program paperwork
Development and Marketing:
- Solicit in-kind donations to support programming
- Contribute content to Chill’s Development and Marketing team for social media and website use, including high quality program photos and testimonials
- Manage local site specific social media accounts
- Help identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with local donors, including individuals and corporations, in order to make introductions to Chill’s Development team
- Help recruit volunteers to assist with events if necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with underserved youth and/or with youth in an experiential setting
- Skateboard and/or surfing proficiency with basic understanding of equipment maintenance
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Ability to effectively work with all types of individuals, corporations, and organizations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized, self-starter, and go-getter
- Experience working independently, managing time efficiently, and setting own schedule
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize to meet goals and objectives
**This is a seasonal position**
Click here to apply for this job.
Chill is committed to building a culturally inclusive team, and strongly encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, and ethnicities to apply.