About Chill Burlington
Chill Burlington was established in 1995 as our very first youth development program. We have grown over the years and currently offer on-snow programming on Wednesday and Thursday afternoon/evenings at Bolton Valley Resort. Additionally, we are excited to offer a day on-snow program at Stowe Mountain Resort. on Tuesdays
In addition, Chill Burlington runs a Summer SUP program and a Fall skateboarding program. Since our inception, the Chill Burlington site has served more than 1,000 youth in the greater Burlington area.
Through these programs, we teach important life lessons like Respect, Patience, Persistence, Courage, Responsibility, and Pride.
Chill works with youth from low-income communities, juvenile justice, mental health, drug treatment, transitional housing, foster care, and after-school programs to overcome challenges they are facing in their everyday lives.
Chill Burlington's skate program is held one day a week for six weeks at Talent Skate Park in South Burlington, VT. The fine folks at Talent, along with a generous sponsorship from Pro-Tec, provide our youth with everything they need to be safe and feel confident stepping on a board for the first time.
NEWS/EVENTS - Chill Burlington
We're hiring in burlington!
Burlington Snowboard Program Assistant (Part Time, Temporary)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
What is Chill?
The Chill Foundation inspires youth to overcome challenges through board sports.
Chill partners with community youth agencies and serves youth facing a multitude of challenges; this includes youth living in poverty, in group homes, or foster care; in the juvenile justice system; and youth overcoming addictions, violence, and mental health issues. We work with youth between the ages of 10-18 who are supported through our partner agencies throughout Vermont.
Chill programming provides youth participants a positive framework for learning, growth, and personal development. Our 6 themes are supported and enhanced through on-board progression and adult mentorship, leading to an increase in self-esteem, confidence, and resiliency in the youth we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES ARE: RESPECT | PATIENCE | PERSISTENCE | RESPONSIBILITY | COURAGE | PRIDE
Chill covers the expenses of equipment, lift tickets, and instruction to ensure no economic barriers prevent youth or community agencies from participating. This year Burlington will serve 100+ youth through access to 3-board sport programs. The Bolton Valley snowboard program will run 2-days per week for 6 weeks, serving 60-75 youth.
Assisting in the management, coordination & facilitation of the Chill PYD snowboard program, while overseeing approximately 75-100 youth & chaperones per week.
Approx. 12 hours/week for 6 weeks starting the second week of January - Tuesday & Wednesday evenings, 3:00-9:00pm required.
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years snowboarding
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of snowboard equipment maintenance
- Experience working with youth aged 10-18
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to collaborate with the Burlington Manager, snow school, youth agencies, and volunteer mentors
- Highly organized with experience working independently & managing time efficiently
- Ability to facilitate & coordinate large groups
- Ability to work with a variety of skill levels & youth challenges
- Assist in season setup and closure tasks
- Facilitating weekly themed lessons
- Communicate & liaise effectively with all program parties (host mountain, agencies, volunteers, chaperone)
- Deliver programming that is consistent with Chill’s curriculum, exceeding the standards set in the Chill Quality Assessment (CQA)
- Administer all program performance, agency performance and program participant Outcomes Based Evaluations (OBE) processes
- Organize & maintain all program paperwork
- Arrive at gear space in advance of the participants arrival
- Ensure all participants are properly outfitted & receive appropriate snowboard instruction
- Have activity plan prepared for on-bus facilitation each day – in collaboration with Burlington Manager
- Use a combination of verbal and visual instruction to support different learning strengths
- Organize and provide clear direction for volunteers & chaperones
Chill is committed to building a culturally inclusive team, and strongly encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, and ethnicities to apply.
We're planning EVENTS!
Check back here soon for more information about our upcoming events. Interested in collaborating to raise money for our Vermont youth development programs? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR sKATE partner
Talent Skatepark and Shop
We are proud to work with our amazing friends at Talent Skatepark, to provide programs for our youth during the fall. Each day, we meet up at the skatepark in South Burlington, discuss our theme of the day, then join a group of coaches for a skate session. Every day we watch our youth progress and challenge themselves on different elements in the park. We would urge you to head over to Talent to skate, and browse through the store - support your local skateshop!